Alexander Albon on Social Media
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||77|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||3(x2)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||4|
|DATE OF BIRTH||23/03/1996|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London, England|
Alexander Albon Biography
Alexander Albon is a F1 driver currently racing for Williams. He was born in London, England on 23/03/1996.
Alexander Albon has a salary estimated at $3.000.000 and until now he reached 2 podiums and 226 points in the current World Championship. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 77 Grand Prix Races.
Alex Albon in F1 Teams:
- Currently competes for Williams Racing (under the Thai flag).
- Previously raced for Scuderia Toro Rosso, Red Bull Racing, and in DTM for AF Corse.
- Joined Red Bull Junior Team in 2012.
- Competed in 2012 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 season.
- Finished third in the 2014 championship.
- 2015: FIA Formula 3 European Championship – Finished seventh.
- 2016: GP3 Series with ART Grand Prix – Finished as runner-up.
- 2017: FIA Formula 2 Championship with ART – Finished tenth.
- 2018: FIA Formula 2 Championship with DAMS – Won four races, finished third in the championship.
- 2019: Made Formula One debut with Toro Rosso.
- Promoted to Red Bull Racing later in the season.
- 2020: Took his first podium finish at the Tuscan Grand Prix.
- 2021: Demoted to test and reserve driver for Red Bull. Sergio Pérez took his seat.
- 2022: Returned to Formula One with Williams Racing.
- Birthplace: Portland Hospital, London, England.
- Father: Nigel Albon, former British racing driver.
- Mother: Kankamol, from Thailand.
- Uncle: Mark Albon, former racing driver.
- Pets: At least 12 cats, a dog, and two horses.
- Relationship: Dating Chinese LPGA golfer Lily He since 2019.
- Grew up in Bures, Suffolk with a younger brother and three sisters.
- Attended Ipswich School before pursuing a professional racing career.
- Inspirational figures: Michael Schumacher and Valentino Rossi.
- Dual British and Thai nationality; races under the Thai flag.
- Practices Buddhism.
Formula One Career:
- Toro Rosso (2019):
- Announced to join Toro Rosso in 2019.
- Debuted at the Australian Grand Prix.
- Scored first points at Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Best result: Sixth at the German Grand Prix.
- Red Bull (2019-2021):
- Promoted mid-2019, replacing Pierre Gasly.
- Best result in 2019: Fourth at the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Finished eighth in the 2019 World Drivers’ Championship.
- Continued with Red Bull in 2020.
- First podium at the Tuscan Grand Prix in 2020.
- Ended the 2020 season seventh in the World Drivers’ Championship.
- Demoted to a test and reserve role in 2021. Sergio Pérez took his race seat.
- 2021 Other Activities:
- Took on a coaching role for AlphaTauri driver Yuki Tsunoda starting from the 2021 Turkish Grand Prix.
Videos with Alexander Albon
Alexander Albon Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.