Esteban Ocon on Social Media
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||129|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||1(x1)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||3|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17/09/1996|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Évreux, Normandy|
Esteban Ocon Biography
Esteban Ocon is a F1 driver currently racing for Alpine. He was born in Évreux, Normandy on 17/09/1996.
Esteban Ocon has a salary estimated at $6.000.000 and until now he reached 3 podiums and 408 points in the current World Championship. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 129 Grand Prix Races.
Full Name: Esteban José Jean-Pierre Ocon-Khelfane
- Junior Career Achievements:
- Champion of the 2014 FIA Formula 3 European Championship.
- Winner of the 2015 GP3 Series (despite just a single race win).
- Mercedes and Formula One:
- His success led to his placement in the Mercedes driver development programme.
- Formula One debut with Manor Racing in the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix.
- Teamed up with Sergio Pérez at Force India/Racing Point for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
- Recent Accomplishments:
- First Formula One podium in the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix.
- Maiden Formula One win at the 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix.
- In 2022, secured the eighth spot in the drivers’ standings with 92 points.
Ocon was born in Évreux, Normandy to parents Sabrine Khelfane and Laurent Ocon, a garage owner. His roots trace back to Málaga. During his karting career, his family had to make significant financial sacrifices. As of 2022:
- Lives in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Multilingual: Speaks French, English, Spanish, and Italian.
In-depth Look at His Career
- Karting (2006-2011):
- Began in 2006 and clinched the French Championship in the Minime class in 2007.
- Won the Cadet class in 2008, besting Anthoine Hubert and Pierre Gasly.
- Achieved the French KF3 title in 2010 and was second in the WSK Euro Series in 2011, trailing Max Verstappen.
- At 14, signed by Gravity Sports management.
- Formula Renault (2012-2013):
- Debuted in single-seaters in the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 with Koiranen Motorsport in 2012.
- Achieved 14th place overall in 2012 with a notable podium at Circuit Paul Ricard.
- Switched to the ART Junior Team in 2013, securing third place in the series that year.
- Formula Three, GP3, and DTM (2013-2015):
- 2013: Formula Three debut at Macau Grand Prix with Prema Powerteam.
- 2014: Led and won the FIA Formula 3 European Championship with Prema, finishing ahead of Tom Blomqvist and Max Verstappen.
- 2015: Transitioned to the GP3 Series with ART Grand Prix. Won the championship despite a lone race victory.
- 2016: Raced in the DTM season for Mercedes-Benz, while also serving as a Formula One reserve driver for Renault.
Ocon’s career is marked by perseverance, dedication, and sheer talent. As he continues to race, the Formula One community watches with great anticipation for his next achievements.
Formula One Career:
- Initial Tests and Debut (2014-2016): Ocon drove for Lotus and Ferrari during tests in 2014. His Grand Prix weekend debut was for Lotus at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. He was the reserve driver for Renault in 2016 and participated in Friday practice sessions.
- Manor (2016): Replaced Rio Haryanto in Manor Racing in 2016, finishing 23rd in the Drivers’ Championship.
- Force India (2017–2018): Joined Force India in 2017. Scored his first Formula One point at the Australian Grand Prix. Had multiple incidents with teammate Pérez. Finished his first full season in eighth place with 87 points. Continued with Force India in 2018, finishing twelfth with 49 points.
- Mercedes (2019): Became Mercedes’ reserve driver in 2019 but did not compete in any Grand Prix that year.
- Renault (2020): Joined Renault in 2020, partnering with Daniel Ricciardo. Finished twelfth in the Drivers’ Championship with 62 points.
- Alpine (2021-Present):
- 2021: Renault rebranded as Alpine. Paired with Fernando Alonso. Earned his maiden Formula One victory at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Ended the season eleventh with 74 points.
- 2022: Continued with Alpine. Achieved a notable fourth-place finish at the Japanese Grand Prix. Ended the season eighth in the Drivers’ Championship with 92 points.
- 2023: Remains with Alpine for 2023 with Pierre Gasly as his teammate.
Videos with Esteban Ocon
Esteban Ocon Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.