Nico Hulkenberg on Social Media
|TEAM||Haas F1 Team|
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||202|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||4(x2)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||1|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19/08/1987|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Emmerich am Rhein, Germany|
Nico Hulkenberg Biography
Nico Hulkenberg is a F1 driver currently racing for Haas F1 Team. He was born in Emmerich am Rhein, Germany on 19/08/1987.
Nico Hulkenberg has a salary estimated at $2.000.000 and until now he reached 0 podiums and 530 points in F1. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 202 Grand Prix Races.
Representing Haas F1 Team currently, his journey in motorsport has been replete with notable milestones:
- Winner of the 2009 GP2 Series.
- Champion of the Formula 3 Euro Series and A1 Grand Prix with A1 Team Germany.
- Impressive win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2015 during his first attempt.
- Participation in two rounds of the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship season representing Porsche.
Only a handful of racers, including the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Charles Leclerc, George Russell, and Oscar Piastri, can boast of conquering the GP2 Series/Formula 2 championship in their rookie year, a feat Hülkenberg has under his belt.
F1 Career Trajectory
- Debuted in 2010 with Williams, securing their first pole position in over five years.
- 2011-2012: Became Force India’s test and reserve driver before being upgraded to a race seat in 2012.
- 2013: Raced for Sauber.
- 2014: Made a return to Force India.
- Transitioned to Renault in 2017.
- In 2020: Became Racing Point’s reserve driver and took part in three races due to Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez testing positive for COVID-19.
- 2022: Replaced Sebastian Vettel for two races at Aston Martin due to another COVID-19 incident.
- 2023: Became a full-time driver for Haas F1 Team.
In September 2023, Hülkenberg claimed a rather unwanted record: most F1 starts (199) without clinching a podium finish. He surpassed Adrian Sutil’s previous record of 128 races.
- Birthplace: Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany.
- Parents: Klaus Dieter and Susanne Hülkenberg.
- Father’s Profession: Owner of Hülkenberg Spedition e. K, a shipping company.
- Hülkenberg’s Early Career: Trained as a freight forwarding agent at his father’s company.
- Linguistic Proficiency: Fluent in German, Dutch, French, and English.
Early Racing Career:
- Began karting at age 10 in 1997.
- Triumphed as German Junior Karting Champion in 2002 and German Kart Championship in 2003.
- Formerly managed by Willi Weber, who was also associated with Michael Schumacher. Weber often compared the two, even dubbing Hülkenberg as “The Hulk.”
Additional F1 Highlights
- First F1 point was at the 2010 Malaysian Grand Prix.
- Tested for Williams in 2007 at Circuito de Jerez in Spain.
- Reserve driver for Aston Martin (previously Racing Point) in 2021.
- Haas F1 Team announced in November 2022 that Hülkenberg would drive full-time in 2023, replacing Mick Schumacher.
In the midst of a dynamic 2023 season, Hülkenberg demonstrated a blend of challenges and success. With remarkable qualifications, Hülkenberg had his fair share of setbacks like penalties and tyre wear issues. Regardless, by the summer break, his performances notably outshone his teammate, albeit with Haas struggling in the championship.
Future Endeavors: In August 2023, Haas confirmed retaining both Hülkenberg and Magnussen for the 2024 season.
Videos with Nico Hulkenberg
Nico Hulkenberg Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.