Oscar Piastri on Social Media
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||21|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||2(x1)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||2|
|DATE OF BIRTH||06/04/2001|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Melbourne, Victoria|
Oscar Piastri Biography
Oscar Piastri is a F1 driver currently racing for McLaren. He was born in Melbourne, Victoria on 06/04/2001.
Oscar Piastri has a salary estimated at $2.000.000 and until now he reached 2 podiums and 89 points in F1. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 21 Grand Prix Races.
Full Name: Oscar Jack Piastri
- 2019: Won the Formula Renault Eurocup with R-ace GP.
- 2020: Triumphed in the FIA Formula 3 Championship with Prema Racing.
- 2021: Sealed victory in the Formula 2 Championship, also with Prema Racing.
- Among a handful to win both the GP3/Formula 3 and GP2/Formula 2 Championships in consecutive years.
- The first driver ever to clinch the Formula Renault Eurocup, Formula 3, and Formula 2 titles in successive rookie years.
- Parents: Chris and Nicole (née MacFadyen) Piastri.
- Chris Piastri: Played a pivotal role as Oscar’s mechanic during his early racing days. Currently helms HP Tuners, a vehicle diagnostics software enterprise.
- Siblings: Three sisters.
- Heritage: A mix of Italian, Yugoslavian, and Chinese.
Piastri in F1
- Began with Renault Sport Academy in 2020.
- Key Moments:
- 2020: Tested a Renault R.S.18 at the Bahrain International Circuit.
- 2021: As part of the rebranded Alpine Academy, drove an Alpine A521 at Yas Marina Circuit’s post-season young drivers’ test.
- 2022 Insights:
- Appointed as Alpine F1 Team’s reserve driver.
- Tested extensively, including sessions at Circuit of the Americas and Silverstone Circuit.
- A private two-day testing session was conducted at Circuit Paul Ricard with McLaren.
Turning Point: Contract Controversy
- Initial Plan: Piastri was rumored to be driving for Williams in 2023.
- Alpine announced Piastri as Alonso’s replacement for 2023.
- Piastri declined the news, sparking a public disagreement.
- Outcome: The FIA’s Contract Recognition Board ruled in Piastri’s favor, enabling his transition to McLaren.
McLaren Era (2023–)
2023 Season Highlights:
- Partnered with Lando Norris.
- Made his debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix, retiring early.
- Scored first F1 points at the Australian Grand Prix.
- Career-best performance: 4th place finish at the British Grand Prix.
- First podium: 3rd place at the Japanese Grand Prix.
- First sprint race victory at the 2023 Qatar Grand Prix.
- Achieved back-to-back driver of the day awards.
Videos with Oscar Piastri
Oscar Piastri Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.