Valtteri Bottas on Social Media
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||218|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||1(x10)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||1|
|DATE OF BIRTH||28/08/1989|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nastola, Finland|
Valtteri Bottas Biography
Valtteri Bottas is a F1 driver currently racing for Alfa Romeo. He was born in Nastola, Finland on 28/08/1989.
Valtteri Bottas has a salary estimated at $10.000.000 and until now he reached 67 podiums and 1797 points in F1. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 218 Grand Prix Races.
- Williams (2013-2016):
- Joined as a full-time driver in 2013.
- Achieved top championship position of fourth in 2014.
- Notched up nine podium finishes.
- Mercedes (2017-2021):
- Replaced Nico Rosberg in 2017 to partner Lewis Hamilton.
- Accumulated 10 race wins and 58 podiums.
- Assisted in securing five constructors championship wins.
- Alfa Romeo (2022-):
- Joined the team for the 2022 season.
Valtteri Bottas Early Days & Championships
- Kickstarted his racing career in karting.
- Advanced to single-seater championships such as Formula Renault UK Winter Series, and notably clinched victories in the Formula Renault Eurocup and the Formula Renault Northern European Cup in 2008.
- In 2009, progressed to the Formula 3 Euroseries, securing third place overall and winning the Masters of Formula 3.
- Became a test driver for Williams Formula One team in 2010, retaining this role till 2012.
- Triumphed in the GP3 Series in 2011, sealing the championship in the season’s final race.
Born in Nastola, Finland, Valtteri is the son of Rauno Bottas, a cleaning company owner, and Marianne Välimaa, an undertaker. He pursued his education in Heinola and briefly served in the Finnish army, attaining the rank of lance corporal.
Rallying & Other Ventures:
- Dabbled in the Arctic Rally, the Rallycircuit Côte d’Azur, and the Arctic Lapland Rally, achieving commendable positions.
- Tested his skills in an Extreme E test and is set to race in the 2023 Race of Champions alongside Mika Häkkinen.
Bottas Personal Life
- Married Olympic swimmer Emilia Pikkarainen in 2016 but announced their separation in 2019.
- Currently dating Australian cyclist Tiffany Cromwell.
- Resides in Monaco and also owns a lake house in Finland.
Entrepreneurial Ventures & Philanthropy:
- Co-owner of “Kahiwa Coffee Roasters” in Lahti, Finland.
- Launched the annual Valtteri Bottas Duathlon in 2017, directing proceeds to charitable causes.
- In collaboration with Tiffany Cromwell, introduced “Oath”, a premier gin inspired by Finnish and Australian heritages.
- Partnered in FNLD GRVL, a gravel cycling event in Lahti.
- Bought a 10 percent stake in the Lahti Pelicans of Liiga in March 2021.
Bottas’s journey from karting championships to the premier circuits of Formula One underscores his remarkable talent and passion for racing. Off the track, his business and philanthropic endeavors showcase his commitment to giving back and pursuing diverse interests.
Videos with Valtteri Bottas
Valtteri Bottas Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.