Zhou Guanyu on Social Media
|GRAND PRIX ENTERED||40|
|HIGHEST RACE FINISH||8(x1)|
|HIGHEST GRID POSITION||5|
|DATE OF BIRTH||30/05/1999|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Shanghai, China|
Zhou Guanyu Biography
Zhou Guanyu is a F1 driver currently racing for Alfa Romeo. He was born in Shanghai, China on 30/05/1999.
Zhou Guanyu has a salary estimated at $2.000.000 and until now he reached 0 podiums and 12 points in F1. He has 0 World Championship Titles and a total of 40 Grand Prix Races.
- First and only Chinese driver in Formula One.
- Competed in FIA Formula 2 Championship from 2019-2021 for UNI-Virtuosi Racing, finishing 3rd in 2021.
- Former Alpine Academy member. Test driver for Renault F1 and Alpine F1 teams in 2020 and 2021.
- Former Ferrari Driver Academy member (2014-2018). Development driver for Formula E team DS Techeetah in 2018.
Formula 1 Journey
- Joined Ferrari Driver Academy in 2014 while karting.
- Became test driver for Renault in 2020.
- Participated in Virtual Grand Prix Series during the COVID-19 pandemic, winning the Bahrain International Circuit race.
- Debuted at the Austrian Grand Prix, becoming China’s first full-time F1 driver.
Alfa Romeo (2022–):
- Joined Alfa Romeo in 2022, partnering with Valtteri Bottas.
- Debut race: Bahrain Grand Prix, finished 10th.
- Achievements include multiple points finishes and surviving a severe crash at the British Grand Prix.
- Ended the 2022 season 18th in the World Drivers’ Championship.
- Continued with Alfa Romeo.
- Achievements: Set fastest lap during pre-season testing in Bahrain. Achieved points in Australian and Spanish Grands Prix. Best qualifying was fifth at Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Challenges: Mechanical retirements, crashes, and penalties in various races.
Videos with Zhou Guanyu
Zhou Guanyu Photo Gallery
Latest F1 Newsletter Bites
Get smarter on
Bi-weekly newsletter to help you learn the sport and stay updated with the latest F1 news & insights.